Sunday, August 20, 2006

Yet Another Interview

Good news! I've been summoned for an interview tomorrow at one of the local hospitals. I applied for a part-time secretarial position that (hopefully) will work around my teaching schedule. I do hope I get the job. It would certainly help me pay the rent.

The entire college football team, 70+ strong, attended my church today. Being such broad-shouldered fellows, only a small number of them could fit in a single pew; they ended up using about a quarter of the seating in the sanctuary. It was neat to see some college students in church, and there will be even more next week. It got me all excited for classes to get started.

A few weeks ago, I signed up to help the church serve lunch to the football guys after the service, along with a couple other profs. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but my cousin Marcus attends ONU and is going to be the starting cornerback for the football team this semester; I was hoping to find him during lunch and say hi. I hadn't seen him in six years, and I was afraid I wouldn't recognize him, so I asked some of the players to point him out to me. Even before I finished serving, though, Marcus heard that I was looking for him and came over to give me a hug and say hello. He was so sweet and friendly; it really made my day.

An interesting note: Today, four people asked me what I was studying at ONU. Luckily, by this time I have had so much practice in correcting people that I was able to do it with grace. Gosh I feel young.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Devon said...

I know exactly how you feel--at least you don't have to worry about being compared with high school students! I'm starting to worry a bit that I won't be able to get past that whole "I knew you when you were an eighth-grader here" bit.

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good fun! You are young, but you will do a great job! hope more college people keep coming :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home